Round 1 of the King of Dirt series, which was due to be held at XFest had to be cancelled this May Bank Holiday weekend.
This was down to the poor weather and concerns, which were brought to our attention from our riders and sponsors regarding the condition of the course. Factors of which were beyond the control of King of Dirt organisers.
Because of these factors we had to make an 11th hour decision on Sunday morning not to run Round 1 of the King of Dirt series at XFest. This was an extremely difficult decision to make and was also based on the fact that none of our riders had been able to ride the course since our arrival on the Friday and the course remained unrideable until late on Sunday afternoon by which time there was no chance of being able to hold a full and fair competition for our AM and PRO riders.
Our decision was made in the best interests of our sponsors, our riders and the ethos of the King of Dirt series.
All riders who entered Round 1 of King of Dirt will be contacted this week regarding refunds and future rounds.
King of Dirt would like to thank our sponsors, riders and spectators for the support this weekend. You guys are the reason we do this. What’s important is we move on to the next round and we look forward to seeing you compete and support King of Dirt.